meshcloud Partners have access to a so called meshAdmin account. This account type enables to manage multiple child-customer accounts (so called managed customers) within the meshcloud platform. Therefore, With this functionality the meshAdmin account is needed to enable customer management. A meshAdmin account can only be activated by a meshcloud Operator.
Different groups of people may need access to the different administration functionality. Therefore the following administrative roles are currently available to users of partner or admin accounts:
- meshcloud Operator: Is the super admin and operator of the whole meshcloud platform. He can also create meshAdmin accounts.
- meshAdmin: It's basically the account with administration rights. Has full access to all functionality and can manage users of the administrator/partner account.
- meshAdmin Employee: Has full access to all administration functionality, but cannot manage meshPolicies, tag definitions or users of the administrator/partner account.
- Compliance Manager: Has the rights to manage meshPolicies and tag definitions.
- Platform Operator: An operator of a cloud platform, that is managed by the meshcloud platform. This role can perform tasks related to platform operations in the administration area.
- Ops Support: Not all Ops operations must be executed by Platform Operators. E.g. setting quotas is a task that can also be done by a separate Ops Support team.
- Onboarding Support: A support team in place to help users who want to sign up may also need access to some administration functionality which is granted by this role.
- Controller: A Controller has access to billing and usage information of customer projects.
See the meshCustomer documentation for details about how you can manage the roles of your users. This set of roles is easily extendable by adding roles to reflect individual access requirements of your organization.
The following table provides details about the functionality available to the different roles by default. The Access rights can also be adapted individually per meshcloud installation.
|meshAdmin||meshAdmin Employee||Platform Operator||Ops Support||Controller||Onboarding Support||Compliance Manager|
|Edit project tags||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Customer User List||✓||✓|
|Pending role requests||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Download User Info||✓||✓|
|Approve Service Broker||✓||✓|
Please review meshCustomer roles for roles available to end-users of your meshStack implementation.